Monday, April 04, 2011

Block of Art 2011


The rumors are true. The reclusive, L A Mestishen (that's me) will be making a rare public appearance at Block of Art on Saturday, April 9, all day at the Ramada in Pottsville, Pa. Ooooh, that makes it sound a bit racy, doesn't it? I'll be doing demos all day at the Ramada Hotel.

(Please hear me saying that with a slight Cockney accent.)

Block of Art is a three day event starting Friday, April 8th and continuing through Sunday, April 10th. It showcases musicians, film-makers, fine-artists and crafts-people as well as local eateries.

I'm looking forward to hearing Soji O play in person, and seeing Stephen Pytek's new short film. I'll also be stopping by the Historical Society's building on North Centre Street, just down from the Greystone Restaurant, to take another look at the Frank Wyso exhibit. You can find more information about all the programming happening at the Historical Society both during Block of Art and throughout the year at http://www.schuylkillhistory.org/


And, no, at the moment I haven't the slightest idea what my subject will be. I'll be painting with the Terry Ludwig pastels, that's for certain, but I'm not sure what I'll be painting. Maybe I can find a willing victim to pose for me? Or I can start winnowing down that "to do" list.


See you on Saturday or (gasp!) you might even catch a glimpse of my Friday night at the opening.

No comments: